Aurangabad city (Maharashtra State) is the most important manufacturing center in Marathwada. Pharmaceuticals, steel recycling, auto parts manufacturing, and beverages production (soft drinks and beer in particular) are major industries According to Wikipedia.org.
The Shendra, Chikalthana and Waluj MIDC Industrial Areas are prominent industrial zones on the outskirts of the city.
Aurangabad Information :
Aurangabad District consists of Tehsils:
- Ajanta stone engraved sculpture and paintings Caves. A world heritage monument.
- Ajanta Visitor Center Under construction, Located at T Junction Fardapur: Designed as a tribute to the Ajanta Caves, AVC would consist of four cave replicas (1,2,16 1nd 17). Static, electronic and interactive museums would orient, guide and create a virtually real experience for the visitors to understand the original paintings and stories. Ambience of the Center (almost hidden in the rocky terrain) would simulate a sense of discovery to the visitors, especially children.
- Ellora stone engraved sculptures. A world heritage monument.
- Daulatabad Fort
- The Bibi Ka Maqbara. A replica of the Taj Mahal.
- Aurangabad Caves (Buddhist)
- Panchakki, or The Water Mill complex
- Khuldabad the resting place of Aurangzeb.
- Gates (Darwajas) - During Mughal times, Aurangabad had 4 main and 9 subordinate gates (darwajas) along its periphery, famous among them being the Paithan Gate and Roshan Gate.